Where to Download MyPaint

March 17, 2022
South Texas

Dear MyPaint Partisans,

I have managed to loose my MyPaint program. A while back my house was heavily damage by a hurricane. A very large fell on my bedroom and studio/office. It broke through the roof and flooded everything. Everything is still crammed in boxes. I didn't have time to sort stuff. I'll attach a couple of pics... 

I could find the program on the internet, but I would appreciate a recommendation of a safe site. I've decided to take another look at the program.

Sincerely,

phdtx (aka Fred)

Wow, your life really seems to be turned upside down! Hope you’ll manage to get it in order soon.

I get MyPaint from the official repository: Release MyPaint v2.0.1 (2020-05-29) · mypaint/mypaint · GitHub

Hi bleke,

I downloaded a install for MyPaint v2.0.1 from: Download free MyPaint 2.0.1

I’ll try it out and let you know what happens.

Evening,

phdtx

bleke,

I’ve downloaded MyPaint v2.0.1 from GitHub and Download free MyPaint 2.0.1 . I’ve installed the program several times, but it just won’t run! The Python program starts first in the DOS window, but the program won’t start. Is it incompatible with Windows 7? Let me know if you have any suggestions. I guess I’ll try installing it on my XP computer. I’ve got both 32 and 64 bit versions.

phdtx

I downloaded MyPaint v1.2 it works okay. There is an annoying pop-up about from Python complaining about it’s inability to find a non-existent hard drive, but if I punch the cancel button five or six times it goes away.

phdtx