When I try to run "MyPaint" in my mac terminal, I get an error message saying "WARNING: gui.userconfig: Failed to load settings: using defaults"

Description of the Problem, or Question?

When I try to run MyPaint through terminal by typing “MyPaint” it gives the following message:

INFO: mypaint: Installation layout: conventional POSIX-like structure with prefix ‘/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8’

WARNING: gui.userconfig: settings.json: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

WARNING: gui.userconfig: Failed to load settings: using defaults

INFO: gui.main: No locale setting found, using system locale

INFO: lib.i18n: OSX: imported AppKit.NSLocale OK. Will use for LANG, and for LANGUAGE order.

INFO: lib.i18n: OSX: LANG=‘en_US.UTF-8’

INFO: lib.i18n: OSX: LANGUAGE=‘en_US:ja_US’

INFO: lib.i18n: Value of LANGUAGE after cleanup: ‘en_US:C:ja_US’"

when I try to just click the application, it bounces a few times, and does not open

Basic System Details

**MyPaint version: 2.0.1

Operating System + Version:
MacOS Ventura 13.2

Make and Model # of Graphic Tablet:

Please Tell Us How to Reproduce the Problem in Steps.

I simply downloaded the app through MacPorts, and I get an error when starting through terminal

Are there any Errors Popping Up? If so, paste the text in the area shown below.

WARNING: gui.userconfig: settings.json: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
WARNING: gui.userconfig: Failed to load settings: using defaults

_For our guidelines to create a great user support ticket, please visit this wiki page at Reporting Bugs · mypaint/mypaint Wiki · GitHub

This looks more like a packing issue with MacPorts. You will have to submit an issue of that package on their issue tracker for the app.

https://ports.macports.org/port/MyPaint/