Trying to do a little QoL work

I recently put in pull requests for a scrap timestamp feature as well as addressing an old issue by splitting the scrap folder and scrap prefix into two settings and adding a folder finder dialog. I’m very open to suggestions for changes and improvements. I’ve tried to follow the structure of code I’ve seen elsewhere in the project, but I’m new to contributing.

Also, I had a question on if there is any good way to merge diffs in glade files or am I stuck manually building stuff back in? UI merging seems really tricky to me so far.

EDIT: Oh, I can’t really promise any real kind of support, but if you want to try my fork or branches you can find them at GitHub - teleportingtortoise/mypaint: MyPaint is a simple drawing and painting program that works well with Wacom-style graphics tablets.

Also, I just wanted to say that MyPaint has been really important to me and I think I’ve been using it in Linux for nearly a decade now. I still use it as my sketchbook all the time and do a lot of my more free form painting in it.

It feels nice to finally reach a point in coding where I might be able to give something back and, while I’m not super social, I understand why communication has been moved here and I hope I can help demystify the disconnect in the community a little between users that contribute and users that don’t.

On that note, I’ve been trying to go over feature suggestions, but I want a little more of a comprehensive thread here. My focus is on simple quality of life and UI stuff right now because my ability is limited, but there’s a lot of little things that could use improvement without getting in people’s way. As someone that uses it 90% as a digital sketchbook getting some kind of batch export is next on my to-do for my fork, but I really want to know if there’s similar simple QoL stuff people need.