Saving one layer file still keeps the canvas background - Help

Description of the Problem, or Question?

I’m trying to create NFTs. When I save layers, each layer keeps the canvas in the background even when I save it with the background unchecked. Another problem is that I have 50x50 pixel art but the saved file always has a stretched frame (greater than 50x50 and it off centers the pictures).

Basic System Details

MyPaint version:

MyPaint v2.0.1 (2020-05-29)

Operating System + Version:
Windows10

Make and Model # of Graphic Tablet:

Please Tell Us How to Reproduce the Problem in Steps.

I created the 50x50 frame, save the picture, and it comes out wrong.

Are there any Errors Popping Up? If so, paste the text in the area shown below.

No

Another thing I noticed is that when I set frame to document or set frame to layer, It changes the frame to 64x64. This is how the files save but I wan’t them saved as 50x50.

Regarding transparent background, have you unselected “Show background” in the View menu?

As for specific sizes, MyPaint is mainly focused on painting and less on image editing. I too have found the border thing to be less than exact. Your best option is probably to open the image in Krita or Gimp and do the cropping there.

I realized what is was. I was unchecking show background and it didn’t matter. I had to save it as a PNG transparent file.

Yeah, jpegs aren’t any good when it comes to transparency. :slight_smile:

I was saving as ORA files because a lot of youtube tutorials used that.

They probably used it because it is MyPaint’s default format, so you get to keep all your layers etc.

PNG will be perfect for your NFT’s. Good luck with them! :slight_smile: