Pic Color not choosing correct color

Pick Color ( R ) is not choosing the correct color on my Surface Pro 2 with either pen, mouse, or touch.

Hi could you provide us with the following information in order for us to help you:

Operating System
MyPaint Version (Found under Help>About MyPaint)
Steps to reproduce.

Also if you can link to us a 15-30 sec video from Youtube or Vimeo illustrating the problem that will also help.

If this turns out to be a bug, we will help you file a bug report on our GIthub Repository or at least link you to the one that matches your problem. We do have a couple of bugs on our Repository that are related to our color picker.

We do have a couple of bugs on our Repository that are related to our color picker.

To say the least. We had to lose out a load of them for 1.2.0, which meant changes to the established behaviour.

One change to the previous behaviour is that you can no longer pick from anywhere other than the main canvas or the scratchpad. Because technical reasons. People might be expecting the old behaviour where you could pick window surrounds, from the palette (why?), desktop background images, photos open in another program, or other sources.

@Rynil
If you’re using a Surface Pro 2, can you take a look at the various Surface Pro bugs in the tracker please? There are a lot of glitches and horrible slowness with the Surface Pro 3 and 4 models we haven’t been able to fathom yet.

Luckily the Surface Pro 2 uses a wacom Digitizer instead of N-Trig so there may not be as many problems with the canvas unlike the 3rd and 4th gen.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit
MyPaint version 1.0.0

Here is a video recorded with my phone (noise warning). It shows that when I choose the red, for instance, it chooses black instead.
I don’t have any problems actually drawing with the pen or the pressure sensitivity.

More interesting is this video recorded from the device that shows the cursor being in a different location than the pen/touch/mouse pad.

I don’t have this problem on my other computer.

Please try upgrading to 1.2.0 if it works for you. I’d expect this particular problem to be fixed in the newer version.

1.0.0 is too old for me to support with new bugfixes and investigation. Sorry about that, but I hope you can get a working version of MyPaint.