Locking of docked tabs?

Do we have a feature to lock tabs (ie. prevent them from being removed/relocated from their current dock) currently?

I am finding that I regularly click on a color on the palette and it promptly decides I wanted to fling that docked palette out into its own window – at which point I have to fling it back into the main window. I partially circumvent this by using the popup, but it makes the dockable pretty hard to use.

There is no feature to lock tabs in place. It shouldn’t be needed.

I am finding that I regularly click on a color on the palette and it promptly decides I wanted to fling that docked palette out into its own window – at which point I have to fling it back into the main window. I partially circumvent this by using the popup, but it makes the dockable pretty hard to use.

This should not be happening, and it’s probably a bug. Only clicking and dragging on the tab and releasing it well away from the group should start rearranging the UI.

We have several open workspace/tab-related bugs open right now for Windows, so feel free to add to the confusion! :smiley:

The bug tracker is here: Issues · mypaint/mypaint · GitHub

The reason I asked is because GIMP has a tab locking feature that addressed this exact same problem for me (tabs would undock way too easily). However, GIMP’s tab drift problems would only occur when clicking on tabs themselves (rather than on their contents, which is what I describe as happening here), so what is happening with MyPaint is worse.

Yep, you would know me as “0ion9” on the issue tracker perhaps. I just felt ‘well… this is so easy to trigger this, maybe I am missing something here?’

I just added my notes to the bug tracker, after foolishly updating debian sid. :slight_smile:
The only thing I can add is that it affects all dockable color pickers and the dockable brush dialog, but not any other dockable dialogs. Also, it is the click+drag that is causing it, not a plain click. Edit-- it actually affects the other dockable windows like the tool options, but in a more subtle way. You can drag the sliders fine, but clicking just off the slider will grab the window.

Related Github Issue: