Is There an Equivalent of Paint for Mac?

Hey all,

I have been using MyPain :paintbrush:t for quite some time on my Windows PC and, its digital painting features. However, I recently switched to a Mac and am trying to find a good Paint equivalent for macOS. On Windows, I used MS Paint for quick edits and simple tasks, and while MyPaint covers my needs for more complex work, I sometimes miss the simplicity and ease of use that MS Paint offered.

I have done a bit of searching :mag: and have come across a few options like Paintbrush and Tux Paint, but they donโ€™t quite hit the mark in terms of functionality and user experience.

Ideally, I am looking for something that is-

• Free or very affordable
  • Easy to use
  • Basic editing features

I donโ€™t need a heavy application that takes up a lot of system resources. I have tried this
resource on reddit :
https://www.reddit.com/r/macapps/comments/u4kjiy/is_there_a_macos_free_app_equivalent_of_ms_paint/ sfmc-overview but it is not helpful, there are many ads and hanging problems, so if anyone suggest some guide and some advice for a smooth transition from Windows to Mac in this regard.

I would be interested in hearing suggestions from this community. Are there any apps that you have found particularly useful? It would be great if you could share your experiences, pros, and cons of the apps you suggest.

Thanks in advance for your help. :hugs:

try the procreate, or not sure Krita is to learn

select a few brushes, add to favorite list, or use only those, or thatโ€™s how you simply programs

1 Like