Dual Monitor Environment Tablet Problems and UI Font Change Questions

The latest version of mypaint is more mature than expected in the Windows environment. Thanks to mypaint developers.

Requires tablet coordinate recognition warning popup in dual monitor environment

This means that if your monitors have different resolutions, your blush coordinates will deviate from your tablet coordinates. mypaint for windows seems to use the height and width of the two monitors plus the coordinates divided by half. I solved this with a dual monitor environment of the same resolution.

If you are a dual monitor user, you will need a warning popup.

Windows GTK3 theme font change question

Korean UI font is too old. In older windows GIMP GTK2, font changes were possible.

I want to know if mypaint UI font can be changed in windows environment.

Basic System Details

• MyPaint version: MyPaint 2.0 bata0
  • Operating System: windows 10 home
  • Monitor: 27 “(4090 * 2160) +27” (4090 * 2160)
  • Graphic Tablet: wacom intuos 12x19

If you are a dual monitor user, you will need a warning popup.

Is this not an issue with tablet driver settings? I think it’s preferable to just describe the problem and solution in a troubleshooting section in the documentation, but the problem should be looked into.

I want to know if mypaint UI font can be changed in windows environment.

Right now it could be done manually, by placing the new font in the right place in the msys2 directory structure and update the settings file for the bundled Gtk3 installation to use that font instead of the default.

I won’t have access to my desktop computer for the next week, and without a Windows VM I can’t really test it. When I’ve tried it, I’ll provide some more detailed instructions (if nobody else has by then).

Tablet monitor mapping problem occurs exactly in the following environment.

• Monitors 1 and 2 have different resolutions. (Eg. 1920 * 1080 + 4090 * 2160)
  • The tablet is mapped to one of the dual monitors. (Eg. Wacom driver, monitor 2 mapping)

The position of the red dot brush pointer, and the actual measurement seems very different from what I thought. (Expected the stroke to be drawn to the right of the brush.)

This problem does not occur if you have the same resolution (Eg. 4090 * 2160 + 4090 * 2160).

Ah, I misunderstood the problem, that is definitely a bug. Hopefully it’s a bug in MyPaint and not in Gdk…