Changing Color makes my drawing tablet no longer work with MyPaint

Description of the Problem, or Question

It seems when I switch the color of my brush, there’s a chance of my drawing tablet suddenly just not working with MyPaint, as in it can’t paint on the canvas or interact with any of the buttons. Saving my work with Ctrl S and restarting MyPaint fixes it, but it’s an annoying bug.

Basic System Details

MyPaint version: 2.0.1 +git.478280f2

Operating System + Version: Windows 10 64 bit

Make and Model # of Graphic Tablet: One by Wacom, CTL-472, CTL-672

Please Tell Us How to Reproduce the Problem in Steps.

As far as I can tell it happens at random when I switch colors, but here are a couple notes in case they’re important:

1. So far I’ve only noticed it happening when switching between 100% black and 100% white, but that’s because that’s all I’ve been using for this latest project.
  2. So far it’s only happened when picking from the color pallet and when picking it from the bottom left specifically (as opposed to the one you can dock on the right), but again it could extend beyond that for all I know.

Is your issue similar with this one? Window unresponsive opening brush or color picker popup · Issue #1161 · mypaint/mypaint · GitHub

Maybe a bit similar, but not completely.
For one it doesn’t really freeze, since keyboard commands still seem to work. Two, it hasn’t happened when switching brushes yet, only switching colors, and I have been switching brushes fairly frequently. Three, it doesn’t happen when opening the popup Color Pallet; it’s only when I actually click and choose a color that I can’t interact with MyPaint anymore.
On the plus side, pressing Esc once like the post said does fix the issue, at least more immediately than closing the whole window.

Yeah, it’s the same issue so it might not be an issue with the display server like we originally thought. Please put your info on that ticket too if possible. I’m hoping a contributor will take up on the trying to fix it. For now we just keep investigating it.

You mean like my computer information or something? If that’s what you mean, then that might be a problem. To be honest, I’m not much of a computer whiz, so I don’t know if or how I can find that info. You’ll have to point me in the right direction with that.