Screenshots of 2.x During Development

During the alpha and beta cycles for 1.2.0, we asked for screenshots for use on the website and for promoting MyPaint out there on the interwebs. I thought I’d post what we gathered here, just to whet everyone’s appetite for the new release! There are a ton of new features visible in these screenshots.

mikshaw · GitHub

crydalch (Chris Rydalch) · GitHub

AtsusaKaneytza (Lex) · GitHub

AtsusaKaneytza (Lex) · GitHub

mikshaw · GitHub

Griatch (Griatch) · GitHub

Ico-dY (Enrico Guarnieri) · GitHub

odysseywestra (Albert Westra) · GitHub

odysseywestra (Albert Westra) · GitHub

cg-cnu (sreenivas alapati) · GitHub

cg-cnu (sreenivas alapati) · GitHub

By the way, if you’d like to submit artwork for use in screenshots or promotional material via the community site, you need to allow us use it elsewhere. Our licensing policy for promo artwork is currently as expressed at

Quick summary:

• We need to be able to repost these images to promote MyPaint (obviously)
  • We need to be able to allow third parties to repost them as well, and allow others to do the same
    • including commercially (yikes!) (that’s a Debian guideline thing (“no discrimination against fields of endeavour” covers commercial reuse))
  • I’m totally cool with the license being share-alike, so you get to require that you get credit all along the path
  • It’s best if the credit you require is part of the image itself - perhaps huge watermarks would be excessive, but remember that the images might be seen shrunk down quite small!

Related Github Issue: